Matchmaker?
Okay, so while I find it incredibly annoying when people are like, oh I have the perfect guy for you and then I email them and never get a response, or worse, they get my info and then hound my ass until I have to be mean and be like, um, no, this will NEVER happen, so please go away, I recently found myself in the position of looking at one of my friends from the temple and realizing that, lo and behold, i actually may know someone that might work for her. Normally I figure that if people are meant to happen, then they will somehow, someway, find one another, but then it hit me, that maybe the people that are always trying to set everyone up may actually be the way for people to find one another, but only a very small fraction of the time. Normally, they are just being annoying, and honestly, how come every guy or girl that someone is trying to hook a person they know up with is "a really nice person from a great family?" I don't know if I've ranted about this before, but honestly, I know a lot of brown families, and there is no statistical way that every unmarried person is such a wonderous catch and there are definitely shady families out there that are being touted as "good." I could go on, but I fell that will be another posting.
Anyway, back to me realizing that I may know someone for this girl. Now, don't think that i am randomly looking at my single friends and thinking, who do i know that would be perfect for her/him? Honestly, I would rather not get in the middle of things, and thus keep my mouth shut and that mental door firmly closed. I just never want to be in a situation where something between a friend and family member didn't work out, and then there are awkward feelings about who rejected who and all that crap. No thank you. However, other friends have been actively searching for dudes for this girl and i had actually been told to keep my eyes open in case someone suitable crossed my path. So all you single and not looking peeps out there are safe from me and my matchmaking ways. So, the guy that I am trying to hook her up with is a cousin of a cousin, who i've met quite a few times at extended family functions. Also, the cousin we have in common is a pretty good judge of character and she totally loves this guy, so i figure he must really be a good guy.
So far, I have only passed along phone numbers. I would like to know how things are progressing, but honestly, i only passed along the phone numbers on sunday because i didn't want to study anymore, and from personal experience, anyone that is hardcore enough to have actually made extended contact, beyond an introductory short phone call, in 2 days is way too desparate and needy, and i need to get them off my eligible people to find spouses for list (a very short list as it is, b/c of the reasons stated before). I will definitely post updates as i get them, but who knows. Maybe i am a failure as a matchmaker and these two will get on the phone and have absolutely nothing to talk about, and that will result in the dreaded "calling people and then just sitting on the phone waiting for them to entertain you." Big No No in my book. If i call you, then i will entertain you, but if you call me unsolicited, then don't expect me to carry the conversation. I might, but don't count on it, regardless of who you are.
Anyway, back to me realizing that I may know someone for this girl. Now, don't think that i am randomly looking at my single friends and thinking, who do i know that would be perfect for her/him? Honestly, I would rather not get in the middle of things, and thus keep my mouth shut and that mental door firmly closed. I just never want to be in a situation where something between a friend and family member didn't work out, and then there are awkward feelings about who rejected who and all that crap. No thank you. However, other friends have been actively searching for dudes for this girl and i had actually been told to keep my eyes open in case someone suitable crossed my path. So all you single and not looking peeps out there are safe from me and my matchmaking ways. So, the guy that I am trying to hook her up with is a cousin of a cousin, who i've met quite a few times at extended family functions. Also, the cousin we have in common is a pretty good judge of character and she totally loves this guy, so i figure he must really be a good guy.
So far, I have only passed along phone numbers. I would like to know how things are progressing, but honestly, i only passed along the phone numbers on sunday because i didn't want to study anymore, and from personal experience, anyone that is hardcore enough to have actually made extended contact, beyond an introductory short phone call, in 2 days is way too desparate and needy, and i need to get them off my eligible people to find spouses for list (a very short list as it is, b/c of the reasons stated before). I will definitely post updates as i get them, but who knows. Maybe i am a failure as a matchmaker and these two will get on the phone and have absolutely nothing to talk about, and that will result in the dreaded "calling people and then just sitting on the phone waiting for them to entertain you." Big No No in my book. If i call you, then i will entertain you, but if you call me unsolicited, then don't expect me to carry the conversation. I might, but don't count on it, regardless of who you are.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home