1.05.2004

Right....so I meant to write more on Friday night, but honestly after an almost 10 hr day at el bank, i just wanted to veg. Now i know that it doesn't seem like being a peon teller is a high stress/energy demanding job, but i dare anyone to be nice to crotchety old farts all day and not be mentally exhausted simply from holding your tongue and not telling people where they can shove their social security check. Anyway, today is, as you can tell, a monday. Work was okay. It was a shorter day so I am still in a reasonably good mood, but i soon have to go to the gym (see previous post) so i'm sure that i will be pooped later on (but never too pooped to lay in bed and watch tv...let's hear it for FINALLY getting some new episodes of stuff on, instead of the reruns that plagued december.

Okay, so first of all, I want to say congratulations to everyone that I know that has gotten engaged, married, had a baby, gotten a REAL job, graduated from college, moved to a new town, gotten a new car/house/life/signifcant other/sex life/etc. I have done none of those things, and I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, i smell. Because everyone else seems to be able to find people who will take them on for the rest of their lives, and I can't seem to find anyone that will take me on for the next 10 minutes. But, I am not bitter (yet), and so I offer my congrats sincerely and whole heartedly. If I owe you a phone call, and y'all know who you are, you will be getting one in the next few days, I just need to get my ass in gear.
Moving on to my day today....i had to go to the eye doctor. Now let me tell you about my eye doctor. Simply put, he is a hateful bastard. I see them man 1-2 times a year and each time i see him, i walk out thinking "why do i keep coming back to this man?" and then the other voices in my head remind me that i am an excessively lazy person and trying to find a new eye doctor that takes my sucky insurance is just entirely too much effort. Normally this man talks to me as though I am the intellectual equivalent to your average 3 month old and brushes off my questions and stuff. Great bedside manner, huh? But today, miracle of all miracles, he started talking to me as though i was IN OPTHAMOLOGY SCHOOL. I was totally blown away when he started talking about axes and rotating the scipt on my contacts to take my messed up eyeball into account. He went on and on, getting pretty technical (i was able to follow, but only b/c i have been in varying degrees of contact with an eye specialist since the tender age of 9) and then made some sort of joke about how the techs just don't understand his instructions sometimes, so he was counting on me to make sure that they understood what all he wanted them to do. The gist of what he wanted them to do: Order my f-in' contacts. Right.
THEN i went to hallmark to pick up some cards, and i was asking one of the two ladies behind the counter in this excessively empty of customers store what had happened to the out-of-the-blue line (the funny 99 cent cards that had the cloud envelopes) and she told me that they were discontinued. I was like oh that sucks, i really liked those. meanwhile the other lady was ringing me up and got all pissy with me b/c it took me like 30 extra seconds to find my gold crown certificate that i wanted to redeem. I was like, um, there is no one behind me crackhead, so you need to calm down.
OKay, that is it for now, but rest assured I always have something to say....I will post again real soon!!
Remember you can email me at runningthroughmyhead11@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home